The Stewardship Council is a committee of the Arthur Erickson Foundation created to provide advice and counsel to owners and others responsible for the maintenance and operation of Erickson’s buildings.
Among its responsibilities, the Council is charged with:
- representing the AEF on design issues related to maintenance procedures, alterations, additions, new construction, and demolition associated with the management of buildings designed by Arthur Erickson or his firm
- reviewing and advising on proposals for maintenance, alterations, additions, new construction, or demolition related to buildings by Arthur Erickson
- working with owners, owners' consultants and relevant regulatory authorities to establish guidelines and procedures for additions and alterations to, and the maintenance of, buildings by Arthur Erickson
- maintaining a data base of Erickson buildings with the names and contact information of owners, tenants and other persons responsible for operations, maintenance and capital project development
- maintaining a data base of Erickson buildings with the names and contact information of persons responsible for archives and other collections where drawings and other documentation on the buildings can be found
- advising owners of buildings by Arthur Erickson, when requested, on the selection of architectural, landscape, and other consultants
- making recommendations for the commemoration or designation of buildings designed by Arthur Erickson.
The Stewardship Council’s full terms of reference are available here.
Are you the owner of an Erickson building owner? We look forward to hearing from you.